Book Promotion and Coaching Services for Authors
I focus on personal and ETHICAL online marketing and promotion. As an author myself, I know how daunting and time consuming book promotion can be. With seven years of book promotion experience and expertise, working with clients from around the world, I can help you!
What I aim for in all my work is to get my client’s name ‘out there’ and spread the word about their wonderful book or product. I put as much effort into my promotions as though they were my own. I do not take part in any unethical marketing practices.
Read some testimonials from my past clients here.
Please read this article to find out more about the practices of book marketing and promotion that I encourage and follow. I believe in marketing books one person at a time!
I charge for all my work at $24 USD (250 ZAR) per hour. Here are some of the things I can help you with:
AUTHOR PLATFORM REPORT & COACHING
This is the first thing I recommend to all authors wanting to promote their books. Are you out there in all the right places, reaching your target audience? How can you improve your online presence and followings? I will have a detailed look at your online author presence and your book listing and send you a full report of my findings with a list of ideas for you to improve your author platform. You will have the results within one week pending availability.
AMAZON PAGE OPTIMIZATION – CATEGORIES & KEYWORDS
Choosing the correct categories for your book on Amazon is extremely important because this is what affects your bestseller ranking as well as how potential customers find your book. Choosing and using the correct keywords is just as important and will affect SEO and book sales. I will have a detailed look at your Amazon book listings and send you a full report of my findings with a list of ideas for you to improve your categories and keywords as well as possibly your book description. If your book is not yet published, I will help you set up your Amazon page correctly from the start. You will have the results within one week pending availability.
BOOK LAUNCH STRATEGY
This includes the ‘Author Platform Report and Coaching’ above in order to make sure that you are well established online before your book launch. It also includes Amazon Page Optimization so that your book is launched with the best chance of a bestseller ranking. We will then work on a launch strategy which includes a list of specific ideas, suggestions and to-do lists tailored to you and your book for your launch. I’ll advertise your launch on all the free websites as well as recommend various paid advertising options to create a launch day buzz (advertising budget is up to you, but I suggest a minimum of $150). Detailed reports will be sent to you before and after launch.
**Needs to be booked at least 6 weeks in advance of your scheduled book launch.**
SPECIAL PRICE PROMOTION
This is for a special price promotion of an ebook (discount must be at least 50% off regular price and under $4.99 – the lower the price, the more chance of success) in order to increase buzz of a previously published book. It includes a mini version of the ‘Author Platform Report and Coaching’ as you need an audience to share your promotion with. I’ll also provide Amazon category and keyword update suggestions to be done before the promotion. I’ll advertise your special price promotion on all the free websites as well as recommend various paid advertising options to create a buzz (advertising budget is up to you, but I suggest a minimum of $90). Reports will be sent to you before and after your promo.
**Needs to be booked at least 3 weeks before your scheduled special price promotion.**
FREE KDP SELECT BOOK PROMOTION
Get your free book deal out in front of thousands of readers on your free promo days! I will submit your book to 30+ free websites and send you a list of where it has been submitted as well as an additional list with other paid promotion opportunities for you to consider submitting to. Please note that submission to free book sites does not mean that listings are guaranteed. Each book site will decide for themselves whether they will list your book or not. It is best if your book has at least 10 reviews before running a free promo. Takes roughly one week to complete.
**Please book at least 3 weeks before your free KDP promotion days**
SOCIAL MEDIA SETUP
I can set up and get you going with (or help you with the branding and audience of) your author social media sites including either Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Goodreads, Instagram or Pinterest accounts. This includes a personalized header for each site where applicable. Once set up, I will send you details on ideas to move forward with these social media accounts for book promotion purposes. The time frame for this job is about 1-2 weeks.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
I do not offer social media management as I believe that marketing is all about building relationships and that social media should be done by the author themselves to create any real impact. I do coach clients on how to use social media for the best results and in certain cases, I assist with this in the beginning where necessary.
PERSONAL BOOK PROMOTION COACHING
I will be your personal book coach and prime supporter, coaching and encouraging you with your book promotions. As the client, you have to be committed – you are the key to success. I will share all my professional knowledge with you, and guide you every step of the way, but in the end it comes down to whether you’re willing to also do the work. All of this may or may not result in direct or immediate increased sales, but in the long run, it will certainly raise awareness of you as an author, help you to build personal connections and therefore increase long-term book sales.
NB** In order for me to work with you, your book needs to be of a high standard, professionally edited, have a professional cover, as well as have content that I can endorse.
For book formatting, book covers and proofreading, please visit the self-publishing page.
Invoices for all book coaching and promotion services will be issued at my hourly rate on a weekly basis and payment will be due on invoice. Payments can be made via PayPal or EFT.
Choose your package and fill in your information on the form below and I will send you more details and a quote. Please make sure to read my terms and conditions below. I look forward to being of service to you!
You are also welcome to query me on Upwork if you prefer to hire me there, where you will find that I am a top rated freelancer.
Sometimes the form gives hassles so if it doesn’t work for you, please email me the information 🙂
Alternatively, please feel free to email me with your ideas and requests and I’ll let you know what I recommend and how I can help you.
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. — Seneca
Terms & Conditions:
- All invoices will be issued weekly and payment is due on invoice.
- Time frames are a estimate, and are dependent on availability. I will let you know if there will be a delay. If I am unavailable for your specific task, due to overbooking, I will also let you know.
- It is up to you to provide me with the correct information to commence the job. If, for instance, your launch day or free book days change after I have already done all the work, I cannot be responsible for updating all the websites without further payment, and there will be no refund.
- No refunds will be given once the work has been undertaken.
- You agree to send me a free copy of your book in mobi and/or pdf format for promotional purposes and reviews.
- I will not use your personal information, email addresses or passwords for any purpose other than for your personal book promotion. I do not store email addresses or add them to any lists. As a client, you can rest assured that I will use your information with the utmost care and responsibility. I have never had any unhappy customers. In fact, most my clients become my friends! Please check my ratings and testimonials for further assurance.
- Spread-the-Word does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the information, products or services represented on this website.
- Spread-the-Word does not endorse or recommend any content or any article published on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Although I try to be accurate at all times, errors can happen. The site and all content and materials on the site are provided “as is” and “as available” and by using such information you agree to indemnify Spread-the-Word and its content providers from any and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such use.