Book Promotion and Coaching Services for Authors
I offer a range of services to assist you in achieving your dreams—providing ideas, inspiration and support, and showing you exactly what to do in order to get yourself and your book noticed.
I focus on personal and ETHICAL marketing and promotion. As an author myself, I know how daunting and time consuming book promotion can be. With over ten years of book marketing experience and expertise working with clients from around the world, I can help you!
What I aim for in all my work is to get my client’s name ‘out there’ and spread the word about their wonderful book or product. The focus is on building an audience and an online presence rather than on sales, which should be a natural result of the process. I do not take part in any unethical marketing practices. I will share all my professional knowledge with you and guide you every step of the way, but in the end, it comes down to whether you’re willing to also do the work. Note that although there are some book promotion tasks that I can do for you, there are others that will need your full attention as I guide you through them. As the client, you have to be committed—you are the key to success.
Read some testimonials from my past clients here.
Please read this article to find out more about the practices of book marketing and promotion that I encourage and follow. I believe in marketing books one person at a time!
This is the first thing I recommend to all authors wanting to promote their books. Are you out there in all the right places, reaching your target audience? How can you improve your online presence and following? You will need to fill out a questionnaire before I begin. I will then have a detailed look at your online author presence and your book listing (if you are already published) and send you a full report of my findings with a list of ideas for you to improve your author platform.
It is no use promoting your book if you don’t have anyone to promote it to. Building your audience is a vital part of book promotion. There are various ways this can be done, and it is best to start at least several months before you publish your book if possible.
AMAZON PAGE OPTIMIZATION – CATEGORIES & KEYWORDS
Choosing the correct categories for your book on Amazon is extremely important because this is what affects your bestseller ranking as well as how potential customers find your book. Choosing and using the correct keywords is just as important and will affect visibility and book sales. I will have a detailed look at your existing Amazon book listings and send you a full report of my findings with a list of ideas for you to improve your categories and keywords, as well as possibly your book description (if needed). If your book is not yet published, I will help you set up your Amazon page correctly from the start.
BOOK LAUNCH STRATEGY
This includes the Author Platform Report and Coaching above in order to make sure that you are well established online before your book launch. It also includes Amazon Page Optimization so that your book launches with the best chance of a bestseller ranking. We will then work on a launch strategy that includes a list of specific ideas, suggestions, and to-do lists tailored to you and your book for your launch. We’ll advertise your launch on all the free websites as well as recommend various paid advertising options to create a launch day buzz (advertising budget is up to you). Detailed reports will be sent to you before and after launch.
**Needs to be booked at least 6 weeks in advance of your scheduled book launch.**
SPECIAL PRICE PROMOTION
This is for a special price promotion of an ebook (price must be set to 99c for the duration of the promotion) in order to increase the buzz of a previously published book or for a new book launch. Your book listing will need to be optimized before you do the promotion. I’ll advertise your special price promotion on all the free websites as well as recommend various paid advertising options to create a buzz (advertising budget is up to you). Reports will be sent to you before and after your promo.
**Needs to be booked at least 3–4 weeks before your scheduled special price promotion. Book must have at least 10 reviews.**
SOCIAL MEDIA SETUP
I can set up and get you going with (or help you with the branding and audience of) your author social media sites. This includes a personalized header for each site, where applicable. Once set up, I will send you details on how to move forward with these social media accounts for book promotion purposes.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
I do not offer social media management, as I believe that marketing is all about building relationships and that social media should be done by the author themselves to create any real impact. I do coach clients on how to use social media for the best results, and in certain cases, I assist with this in the beginning where necessary.
PODCASTS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Being interviewed on podcasts and radio shows not only helps you spread the word about your book, but it can also grow your audience, which is an important aspect of book promotion. I can help you find interviews and speaking engagements to grow your audience.
3D BOOK MOCKUPS AND VIDEO BOOK TRAILER
Having visual representations of your book in the form of 3D mockup images and/or a video book trailer can be effective for promoting your book on social media and for your website.
NB** In order for me to work with you, your book needs to be of a high standard, professionally edited, have a professional cover, and have content that I can endorse.
Costs are really dependent on your specific book and needs, but can range from around $150 – $300 USD for individual tasks.
For publishing services such as editing and book design, please visit the publishing page.
Feel free to email me with any queries and I will send you more details and a quote. Please make sure to read my terms and conditions below. I look forward to being of service to you!
You are also welcome to query me on Upwork if you prefer to hire me there, where you will find that I am a top rated freelancer. Please let me know you found me here!
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. — Seneca
Terms & Conditions:
- All invoices will be issued before the final work is delivered and payment is due on invoice.
- Time frames vary and are dependent on availability. I will let you know if there will be a delay. If I am unavailable for your specific task, due to overbooking, I will also let you know.
- It is up to you to provide me with the correct information to commence the job. If, for instance, your launch day or book promotion days change after I have already done all the work, I cannot be responsible for updating all the websites without further payment, and there will be no refund.
- No refunds will be given once the work has been undertaken.
- You agree to send me a free copy of your book in mobi and/or pdf format for promotional purposes and reviews.
- I will not use your personal information, email addresses or passwords for any purpose other than for your personal book promotion. I do not store email addresses or add them to any lists. As a client, you can rest assured that I will use your information with the utmost care and responsibility. I have never had any unhappy customers. In fact, most my clients become my friends! Please check my ratings and testimonials for further assurance.
- Spread-the-Word does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the information, products or services represented on this website.
- Spread-the-Word does not endorse or recommend any content or any article published on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Although I try to be accurate at all times, errors can happen. The site and all content and materials on the site are provided “as is” and “as available” and by using such information you agree to indemnify Spread-the-Word and its content providers from any and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such use.