Have you written a book?
If you have a first draft manuscript ready and are wondering what to do next, I can help you! Having worked with different publishing houses, I have a wide knowledge of the publishing industry and would be happy to assist you in taking your book from that first draft manuscript all the way through to publication and beyond. I work with nonfiction, fiction, memoir, poetry, and children’s books.
Developmental Editing or Content Editing – Depending on where your book is in the writing process, you may need to work with either a developmental editor or a content editor for several months before your book is ready to go to copyediting.
Copyediting – Once your book is fully written and edited, it will need to go through copyediting for a technical edit to correct any inconsistencies in spelling, capitalization, grammar, tense, and similar issues.
Proofreading Your Manuscript – After copyediting, your book should go to a proofreader, who will comb through the manuscript for any errors that the copy editor may have missed. At this stage, you will be ready for book design and publication.
Images or Ilustrations – If you need images, graphs, tables, or illustrations for your book, those can be created before the book layout according to your specific trim size and requirements.
Book Formatting and Layout – This includes formatting and typesetting your final edited Word document as a print book and epub ready for publishing.
Cover Design – Having a professionally created book cover is extremely important, as this is one of the first things that people will see when looking at your book. I work with a team of talented cover designers to help you create a high-quality, professional-looking book that you can be proud of.
Formatting and Layout of Children’s Picture Books – I have a great designer I work with for publishing children’s picture books.
I have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of publishing and can assist you with all of the above as well as the services offered under Book Promotion. Your book will be published on Amazon stores worldwide as a paperback and Kindle version, as well as on most other online bookstores and retailers internationally, such as Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, Kobo, iBooks, Nook, and many more. It will also be available to libraries and physical bookstores if they would like to order and stock it through Ingram’s distribution.
Costs are really dependent on your specific book and needs, but can range from around $150 to $300 USD for individual tasks.
Please make sure to read my terms and conditions below.
Feel free to email me for more information or with your ideas and requests, and I’ll let you know what I recommend and how I can help you.
You are also welcome to query me on Upwork if you prefer to hire me there, where you will find that I am a top rated freelancer. Please let me know you found me here.
I look forward to being of service to you!
Terms & Conditions:
- For any work mentioned on this page, I require a 50% non-refundable deposit upfront after which time I will commence working on your project. The balance is due on completion and before the final product is handed over/uploaded for publishing. Payments are done via PayPal.
- Time frames vary, and are dependent on availability. I will let you know before commencing the job if there will be a delay. If I am unavailable for your specific task, due to overbooking, I will also let you know.
- It is up to you to provide me with all the correct files and information required to commence the job. If, for instance, you have a specific launch day in mind, please let me know upfront and I will see if it is viable. All manuscripts are to be sent in MS Word format.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with my work (this has never happened to date), or need to stop the job, I will invoice you proportionately for the work already undertaken, and send you the files at whatever stage they are at.
- I will not use your personal information, email addresses or passwords for any purpose other than for your book publishing. I do not store email addresses or add them to any lists. As a client, you can rest assured that I will use your information with the utmost care and responsibility. I have never had any unhappy customers. In fact, most my clients become my friends! Please check my ratings and testimonials for further assurance.
- Spread-the-Word does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the information, products or services represented on this website.
- Spread-the-Word does not endorse or recommend any content or any article published on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Although I try to be accurate at all times, errors can happen. The site and all content and materials on the site are provided “as is” and “as available” and by using such information you agree to indemnify Spread-the-Word and its content providers from any and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such use.