Did you know that you can self-publish your book for FREE?
Publishing a paperback book using a print-on-demand company such as Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) costs you nothing upfront and publishing an ebook on Amazon Kindle is also free! Publishing on IngramSpark for wider distribution involves a very small set up cost.
The most difficult part is formatting and designing your books in a professional manner and creating a book cover. If these are not in your area of expertise, I can help you!
Once your book is written, edited and ready for publication, I can assist you with the following:
Formatting your print book for KDP – cost is dependent on length and specific formatting requirements. This includes designing, formatting and preparing your Word document for print, uploading the files, and creating your Amazon pages. In other words, getting your book to the stage where it is for sale on Amazon worldwide. This does not include any form of editing or proof-reading. The accuracy of the text will be up to you. Please note that I am not comfortable with putting my name on a book that is poorly edited. If I feel that your manuscript needs further editing, I will let you know. This job usually takes around a week to complete.
Formatting your e-book for KDP on the Amazon Kindle Store – cost is dependent on length and specific formatting requirements. If I have already formatted your print book, the cost will be discounted. This includes designing, formatting and preparing your Word document for Kindle, uploading the files, and creating your Amazon pages. In other words, getting your book to the stage where it is for sale on Amazon worldwide. This does not include any form of editing or proof-reading. The accuracy of the text will be up to you. I am also able to format ebooks for Smashwords which will allow your ebook to be for sale on other popular retailer sites such as Nook, Kobo, iBooks etc. Please note that I am not comfortable with putting my name on a book that is poorly edited. If I feel that your manuscript needs further editing, I will let you know. This job takes around 1 week to complete, unless if I have already formatted your print book in which case it takes less time.
Formatting and Layout of Children’s Picture Books – I have a great designer I work with for publishing children’s picture books on KDP or IngramSpark. I can put you in touch!
Designing a simple book cover for KDP print and ebooks – If you require a specific image or design that I am not able to do for you, I also work with a wonderful book designer that can help. Can be done within a week, unless I am waiting for the final print book page count which is needed upfront in order to design the print cover.
Proofreading Your Manuscript – This is a thorough proofread with suggested changes sent to you in Word track changes. Time frame is dependent on book length but can generally be done in one to two weeks. Update: I am not currently offering this service, but I can point you in the direction of some great editors and proofreaders!
Read some of the articles and tutorials I have written on self-publishing under Articles.
Please make sure to read my terms and conditions below.
Feel free to email me for more information or with your ideas and requests and I’ll let you know what I recommend and how I can help you.
I look forward to being of service to you!
Terms & Conditions:
- For any work mentioned on this page, I require a 25% non-refundable deposit upfront after which time I will commence working on your project. The balance is due on completion and before the final product is handed over/uploaded to Amazon.
- Time frames are a estimate, and are dependent on availability. I will let you know before commencing the job if there will be a delay. If I am unavailable for your specific task, due to overbooking, I will also let you know.
- It is up to you to provide me with all the correct files and information required to commence the job. If, for instance, you have a specific launch day in mind, please let me know upfront and I will see if it is viable. All manuscripts are to be sent in MS Word format.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with my work (this has never happened to date), or need to stop the job, I will invoice you proportionately for the work already undertaken, and send you the files at whatever stage they are at.
- I will not use your personal information, email addresses or passwords for any purpose other than for your book publishing. I do not store email addresses or add them to any lists. As a client, you can rest assured that I will use your information with the utmost care and responsibility. I have never had any unhappy customers. In fact, most my clients become my friends! Please check my ratings and testimonials for further assurance.
- Spread-the-Word does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the information, products or services represented on this website.
- Spread-the-Word does not endorse or recommend any content or any article published on this site or any product, service or information found within said articles.
- Although I try to be accurate at all times, errors can happen. The site and all content and materials on the site are provided “as is” and “as available” and by using such information you agree to indemnify Spread-the-Word and its content providers from any and all liability, loss, injury, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and expenses) arising from such use.